Laura Tenison founder of JoJo Maman Bebe wins prestigious Veuve Clicquot's  Business Woman Of The Year Award and I travelled down to Brighton to meet her.  Having missed her at the new launch of 'Motivating Mum' earlier in the year, I thought drat it’s very unlikely that I will probably get to see her again anytime soon. But one Sunday evening while buzzing around on the internet, you know how you do, I stumbled across  She Magazine and HSBC networking event and low and behold Laura was the guest speaker.  I thought 'yep' Brighton here I come,  as there was no way I was going to miss another  opportunity  to hear her story and meet her personally.

A champagne reception greeted over 50 women at the event and as  I mingled and met some incredible women -  all waiting to hear Laura’s story.    On entering the room, Laura glowed and encapsulated us women with her warmth and down to earth approach.  She  shared her top tips eloquently, with a sense of humour and so engaging on how she made it and what a truly incredible journey she has savoured.  From her sheer determination and ingenious start she was obviously destined to become what she depicts today, an accomplished and uplifting business woman with real flair,  someone you can really learn from.
Laura is one of these  incredible female entrepreneurs who so genuinely gave of her time and her  knowledge and was so inspirational to hear.   As I watched her leave,  I could not believe,  on her cycle,  I left Brighton on  a  fast-train back to London, myself on a real high and a fabulous end to my week!!

No comments: